Adventure Guide to Maine’s Down East Sunrise Trail
$19.99 – $34.99
Adventure Guide to Maine’s Down East Sunrise Trail tells you everything you need to know about the 87-mile long reclaimed railroad bed that spans Maine’s scenic Down East from Ellsworth to Pembroke. The Down East Sunrise Trail is open to ATVs, dirt bikes, bicycles, hikers, horseback riders, snowmobilers, skiers, and dog sledding.
The Adventure Guide to Maine’s Down East Sunrise Trail is a full-color book with over 40 pages of detailed information and maps of the entire route. Maps show parking locations, fuel stops, picnic tables, outhouses, campsites, campgrounds, and natural landmarks along the Down East Sunrise Trail. Each map also includes additional ATV and snowmobile trails that branch off of the Down East Sunrise Trail giving you access to thousands of additional miles of trails!
Save Time Planning your Trip!
The Adventure Guide to Maine’s Down East Sunrise Trail will save you hours of research and planning. Quickly find out where to stay, eat, fuel up, and where restrooms are located along the trail. Close-up maps of each major town show parking lot locations with GPS coordinates and trail accessible services. Addresses and phone numbers are included for businesses along the trail to make it easy to call ahead.
The guide includes trail rules, uses and requirements, helpful tips and information, contact information for local ATV and snowmobile clubs, detailed directions, close-up maps of towns along the way, maps of hiking trails that branch off the Down East Sunrise Trail, parking locations with GPS coordinates, restroom locations, lodging locations listed by town, and places to eat.
Adventure Guide to Maine’s Down East Sunrise Trail Includes:
- Detailed directions by mile marker number with fuel, food, lodging, parking, campsites, outhouses, and picnic tables available at the location.
- Seven pages of full-color trail maps showing parking locations, fuel, picnic tables, outhouses, campsites, campgrounds, and natural landmarks along the way. Maps also show additional ATV and snowmobile trails that branch off of the Down East Sunrise Trail and where they lead.
- Contact information for local and surrounding area ATV and Snowmobile Clubs.
- Nine additional close-up maps of significant towns along the route marking fuel, food, lodging, and outdoor gear businesses, as well as parking lot locations. Close-up town maps include addresses and phone numbers of local businesses.
- Maps of hiking trails that branch off the Down East Sunrise Trail including in-town Machias, Machias River Preserve, Donnell Pond Public Reserved Land trails, and Franklin area trails. Hiking trail maps include parking locations, outhouse locations, and campsite locations.
- Complete list of parking locations by town and mile marker. All locations include GPS coordinates of each parking lot with a description of the type and size of the lot.
- List of restroom locations by town and mile marker.
- List of lodging locations by town and mile marker.
- ATV & Snowmobile trail access routes listed by town and mile marker for thousands of additional miles of adventure
- Full-color photos of points of interest, scenery, parking lots, and typical trail conditions.
The information in this book and maps are intended for trip planning purposes only and are not for navigation. Maine’s trails and routes can change daily without notice due to weather conditions, logging operations, landowner requests, etc.
|Dimensions||9 × .5 × 12 in|
Laminated Book, Standard Printed Book, Instant Download Book